Thursday 16 September 2010

London town.

Yesterday me and Emily went to a few exhibitions to try and get some more inspiration. We went to Grace Kelly exhibit at the V&A, there were some beautiful outfits and accessories. The selection of hats were gorgeous, I really liked the turban shapes and the delicate details they had to make the designs more intricate. I really liked many of the garments on show and the era that Grace Kelly was dominant in, very sophisticated and elegant. We also went to the Horrockses Fashions exhibit at the Fashion and Textile Museum, which was awesome! It made me really excited for print possibilities and the 40's/50's shape in dresses, really feminine with cinched in waists and flared out skirts. I think that I'd like to explore types of print when I get back to uni, it can make simple silhouettes extra exciting, creating pattern and amazing mixes in colour.



This pineapple drawing is amazing! I would love this on a summer dress.



I love this pattern, and how its such a small image but made in to a slightly geometric design, with it being in straight lines. Beautiful!




No comments:

Post a Comment