Friday 3 September 2010

In Bruges.


Over the summer I took an impromptu trip with some of my friends to Bruges....it was awesome! Along with drinking a lot of beer and eating lots of chocolate, we visited the tower in the main market square, went on a Segway tour of the city (the best thing we did) visited a chocolate museum and moseyed on round the other streets. It is such a beautiful place, no modern buildings in site! I loved it. On our tour we learnt how the steps on top of buildings signified how wealthy the family were inside. I really liked the pattern created from these....





The beer was in a place called 'the beer wall'...literally walls and walls of different flavours and strengths of beer. ALSO...they had the biggest glass I have ever seen. 3 LITRES! You weren't allowed to get it unless there were three of you, so of course my friends thought this was a brilliant idea!


Every road you went down there were about twenty chocolate shops and twenty lace shops, selling lace doilies and table clothes. It's just crazy how each business keeps afloat with so much competition. It rained for the majority of our trip, so I would love to go back in the sunshine and explore more of the city and maybe take a trip down one of the many canals. : ]

No comments:

Post a Comment